Sky is the limit for those who want to pursue their career in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. If you have a fascination for tools and gadgets, then you can make a fruitful career as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. The job gives an exciting life as you can play a vital role in this field. A lot of traveling, handsome salary and visiting different parts of the world, who don’t wants all?
Throughout the aviation industry, the licensed aircraft engineer is responsible for maintaining a light, rotary and large commercial aircrafts. Their duty is also to maintain, inspect and repair different airframe structures, engines and avionics systems. The opportunity is diverse; it’s up to you how you grab it. The advanced technology is a must for the maintenance purpose and an engineer should be updated with the latest techniques. Doing good and hard work can take you to the sky and helps you in upgrading your skills.
Without Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, it is difficult to take a flight as they keep the aircraft maintain, repair and inspect them in regular interval of time. It is aviation administration who regulates all kinds of mechanical work on aircraft. Those who want to become one of them must have the proper knowledge and match up with the specific certification and training requirements.
IIA Delhi is offering Aircraft Maintenance Course for those who want to complete their dream and make their future in the aircraft industry. You must be prepared fully for following the rules & regulations and get prepared to work for longer hours on emergency repairs.
Description of Job
Being responsible for operating the aircraft properly and safely, aircraft maintenance engineer plays a significant role. They repair, troubleshoot, conduct inspections and upgrade all the aircraft. Specialized aviation and power tools, computer, diagnostic and x-ray machines are used by the engineers to work. By following rules and regulations all the standards should be maintained.
There are some of the requirements should be taken care of carefully.
– Age should be at least 18 years old.
– Should know the English language proficiently.
– Must have practical experience while working with power plants or airframes or graduate from an approved training school or center. IIA is the best place where we make you learn all the things and provide the practical training.
– Must pass the written, oral and practical test.
Education & Certification Required
– The eligibility to be in this field is minimum higher secondary educating with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). The minimum number to pass is an aggregate of 50%.
– Select the engineering college in whom you want to take admission. The overall course is for 4 years.
– You can also opt for 3-year diploma courses in any branch of engineering.
The licensed maintenance engineer must have –
- Technical knowledge of an aircraft.
- Must work hard
- Willing to work in shift and ready to travel a lot.
Talking about the starting salary, you can get INR 5000 as stipend and INR 15000 is the very first salary you can expect. After gaining the experience, it could be increased up to INR 1 lakh to INR 1.5 lakh. The salary structure based on per month.
If you choose Aviation Maintenance Engineering then something best is waiting for you. All the best for your future!